A special day to celebrate love, chemistry and the joy of giving with STEM!
Make this Valentine’s Day special with some of the BEST STEM activities from educators and creators around the world. I have compiled the top 5 projects which includes Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math. Give them all a try!
1. LIGHT-UP LED CARD: Did you know about electric paint? A liquid conductor that can light-up your world! This amazing activity has conversation hearts, LED & battery. Circuits designed and made just for the light of your life. It is for Valentine’s Day or any other day you want to show your love.
A great STEM activity with focus on ELECTRONICS. If you want to learn more about basics of electronics, circuits and conductors register for FREE here!
In the mean time, get the step-by-step instructions on the STEM activity: https://leftbraincraftbrain.com/light-circuit-valentines/
2. LED ROSES: A perfect way to combine electronics and paper craft. Can you imagine gifting a rose that glows? Simply wow! Right? Check it out here:
Electronics for kids made simple with this activity. If you want more ideas and activities on electronics for kids, register here for FREE:
3. CUPIDS’S QUIVER: Students design a bow & arrow to help Cupid deliver love potion (paint) to the beloved. If you have young kids, you can just have them design the arrow portion and throw them like darts at your target. Find the design inspiration below.
A great engineering activity. Understand how the forces work and potential energy is converted to kinetic energy in this project.
4. SECRET CODE MESSAGE CARD: A fun secret code card perfect for Valentine’s Day. It is a combination of art and science to make a pretty Valentine’s Day card with a secret code message placed on the inside.
Learn to make it here: https://www.redtedart.com/valentines-cards-coded-message/
Starting with coding from an early age is the very essence of this century. The screen-free activity makes learning super easy and fun. A simple “technology” activity.
5. V-DAY CANDLES: Try your hand at some tricky engineering with beeswax and make a heart shaped beeswax candle. These make a wonderful Valentine’s Day gift.
Hands-on projects are great way to develop motor skills and creativity. This “ART” activity is a great gift for family and friends.
Don’t forget to comment below with your favourite activity from the list above.
Have a fantastic and memorable Valentine’s Day!